Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Superior style periodicals

... make me feel inferior and illiterate. I'm looking at you, Vogue.

 I rarely pick this up because I cannot relate to the people the articles are about. For instance, this issue features the Clarins sisters/cousins who live in Paris. They are tall and beautiful and inherited their wealth, fashion sense, and beauty from their families. And two of them are TWIN sisters. That makes me feel even less worthy. Plus the article was full of words I can't understand. And people, I AM IN 22ND GRADE, and a DOCTOR. Well, not a "real" doctor, but whatever. Who can relate to this malarkey? Tell you what, go ahead and throw them a page with a big picture and a caption, that's fine. Then use the rest of the pages to write an article on how to spot a good vintage find, or for quality craftsmanship when shopping for clothes. Better yet, can you get someone to write a piece on the incompatibilites of half-loop stitching on the hem of a low-viscosity rayon garment?

 That would be a piece I could get behind. Why did I buy it you ask? Because I wanted to look cool at the checkout counter. And lets move on.


This week I'm loving Essie's Turquoise and Caicos polish. I wanted to try it when I saw one of the younger Kardashian Jenner girls wearing it on KUWTK's. Yes, the teenage ones. What? ANYway, then my stylish coresident was wearing it and it was awesome, so purchasing this color became a matter of urgency.

And you know what? It makes me feel glamorous as I drink my glass of days old red wine in my living room after a long week of call. Thanks for that, pretty turquoise Essie nail polish. Cheers!


You'll always have a place in my heart, Elle Woods (photo credit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment