Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm gonna get more shine than a little bit

 I do declare, I don't love nothin' like I love somethin' that makes my hair shiny.



In my continued journey for Kardashian-like hair (I know they have extensions, its fine, leave it alone,) I picked up a couple of new post-shampoo products.

Technically I've had this leave-in conditioner for months, but I accidentally left it at my parents house and just remembered it a few weeks ago. Bo-nus! I think it cost around $35 at my salon.

I used approximately a double-pea sized amount and applied it to wet hair from the nape of the neck to the ends. I've applied from the roots before with less than desireable result. (greasehead.)

I then sectioned my hair in a manner not unlike Sanjay's ponyhawk of 2007.


Except its only 4 sections and I roll the ponies into a ball and secure with clips.

Then I used about 1/3 pea size of Joico K-PAK Protect and Shine Serum in each section. I applied it first to the ends and comb through the remainder from a few inches down from the roots with my fingers. I try not to put it too close to the scalp (to avoid the aforementioned greasehead.)  And people, its ah-mazing.. I got i at Ulta for around $18.


I blew out each section with my hairdryer. I have a BaByliss Pro Porcelain Ceramic Hair Dryer. And well, its a whole other post for a whole other day. The bottomline is I wouldn't recommend it, but it dries my hair fast, and it was the nicest hairdryer that I couldn't afford at the time. A big factor in the purchase was that it had orange accents and I had a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond. Whatever. It does come with a concentrator that I use.

ANYway, moving on. I then straighten with my Solia straightener.



This was a purchase I made earlier this summer because my friend Ali uses this flat iron. Best hair tool decision ever. Ali has amazing hair so I just copy whatever she says in this department.

I finish it with Nexxus Comb Thru hold and finishing spray. I got it for around $10 at Walgreens last Christmas and its just now starting to run out. I love it. It also prevents those hair dents you get from your ponytail holder.

My hair looks like I got a professional blowout. And I think its mostly because of the Joico product. I've used the Kerastase with a different drying accelerator/shine serum and it was not as great. I may just be using the Kerastase at this point because it cost a fortune, but I'll never fully admit that, so lets just leave that where it lies. So the stars of this hairshow are definitely the K-PAK, the flat iron, and the Nexxus spray. I would recommend them whole heartedly. Happy hair day everyone!




Photo credits: {Kerastase Sublimatour Jour}{Sanjaya}{Joico K-PAK}{Hair Dryer}{Comb Thru}

No comments:

Post a Comment